Welcome to Musical Monday when we usually bring you sensational songs with jewelry, gemstones or precious metals in the lyrics or title. Today we are stepping outside that box.
The first dance as a married couple is a moment that is treasured for a lifetime - so it's only natural that you want to select the right song to capture the occasion. There are a bevy of great songs that you can choose from to set the mood for your first dance - and with that being said, we present to you our top 10 first dance songs of all time. Here's a closer look:
The Top 10 First Dance Songs of All Time
- "At Last" by Etta James: Etta James's "At Last" was released in the 1960s and is still popular today. The key lyric is when she sings "And here we are in heaven, you are mine, at last."
- "Better Together" by Jack Johnson: A newer song, the title to it says it all.
- "Can't Help Falling in Love" by Elvis Presley: The King's song is also still one of the most popular first dance songs to this day. Its slow pace and romantic lyrics make it a go-to for many couples.
- "How Sweet it is to be Loved by You" by James Taylor: More of an up-tempo first dance song, this song is likely to have all the guests humming along too, especially when Taylor sings "I just want to stop... and thank you baby."
- "Just the Way you Are" by Billy Joel: "Don't go changing to try to please me..." Joel sings in this romantic ballad about having found the perfect lover.
- "Maybe I'm Amazed" by Paul McCartney: While it isn't a great slow dance song, the lyrics are powerful and moving.
- "Your Song" by Elton John: One of Sir Elton's best songs, especially when he sings "How wonderful life is when you're in the world."
- "In My Life" by The Beatles: "In my life, I loved you more." Great lyrics with a catchy, happy guitar riff make this a great first dance song.
- "I'm Yours" by Jason Mraz: The title to the song says it all and Mraz's singing and the catchy rhythm of this song make it fun.
- "Amazed" by Lonestar: "Baby I'm amazed by you..." The powerful ballad from this country artist is quickly becoming one of the most popular first dance songs to date.
When it comes to your wedding day, it's only natural to want every detail to be perfect. This includes the first song you'll dance to as a married couple. Make sure that you choose one that fits the mood and your personalities. I suggest going for timeless as opposed to fadish. When you watch the video on your 10th anniversary; you don't want to scream out #whaaattt!